Get All The Help You Need

Do I pay tax like a US citizen when you are a foreigner investing in the US?

Written by Bode
Updated 2 years ago

No you do not. By signing the W-8BEN agreement at the beginning of the KYC process, you are declaring yourself a non-US citizen and would not be taxed by the IRS under US law. 

However, you are subject to a dividend tax rate of 30% on dividends paid out by U.S. companies.

Did this answer your question?